- Network programs usually have a music budget of around $150,000 to $200,000 and spend about $10,000 to $15,000 to license the right to use a track.
- Madonna, like Led Zeppelin and the Beatle — who has not just a deep catalogue but a strong current fan base — can command about $50,000 a tune
- The “Glee” albums are doing pretty well. “Glee Volume 1,” which came out in November, has sold 776,000 units to date, and “Volume 2,” which came out in December, has sold 574,000.
- Ke$ha... has sold 558,000 units of her album since it came out in January
- Madonna's greatest hits collection "Celebration," which has sold about 218,000 units since it came out in September of 2009, will likely see a bounce from the 2,000 copies a week it’s selling right now
- Madonna's 85-show 2008/2009 Sticky and Sweet world tour grossed over $408 million for the performer and LiveNation
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Madonna and Glee
"Madonna stands to profit from ‘Glee’ episode" reports MSNBC. The facts: